Collaboration with Gippsland Symphony Orchestra musicians - finale video compilation
David Williams, OAM, Artistic Director and some of the musicians from the Gippsland Symphony Orchestra have been joining our after school online rehearsals.
Crashendo! Bairnsdale musicians are thrilled to have this opportunity, to rehearse, and share the lead with these orchestral musicians. There has also been cross age and cross orchestra mentoring plus sharing knowledge and experiences about online delivery.
We are working on an excerpt from the William Tell Overture from the opera by Rossini.
Everyone is looking forward to contributing an individual recording for the finale audio-visual compilation.
It's not too late to be involved - but you will have to be quick.
Final tempo has been set and recording by individual musicians starts soon.
Contact the Co-Ordinator today !!
CRASHENDO! Bairnsdale is part of an international social change program providing intensive instrumental and choral group tuition resulting in life-enhancing experiences for children, families and the community.
We encourage the natural inclination of people to share and help each other learn.
Our programs are socially and culturally inclusive, and offer opportunities for regular performance and engagement with other ensembles.
- pre-orchestral and instrumental programs in primary school settings,
- after-school youth orchestra
- regular school/community performances
- annual 3 day July school holiday program
- two scholarships - Melbourne Youth Orchestra Summer School and Transition to/Complete Secondary College
- annual rehearsals and concert with the Gippsland Symphony Orchestra
- annual workshops and concert with Latrobe Orchestra
- Early Years pilot program
- other events as they arise.
Some activities particularly support those experiencing adversity.
All programs operate in East Gippsland, a regional area of Victoria.
We have a band of young and adult volunteers, from 14 – 80+ years, who support us musically and administratively.
Please see our Sponsors Page to understand the breadth of philanthropic, government, community and business support.